Maddington Village General Practice has joined the MyMedicare community and we would love for you to join us!
When you register in MyMedicare, extra funding from the Australian Government becomes available to support our practice to provide more of the targeted care you need.
What is MyMedicare?
MyMedicare is a new free and voluntary patient registration initiative aimed at strengthening the relationship between you and your general practitioner.
From 1st October 2023, our patients are encouraged to register with Maddington Village General Practice as their preferred health care provider in order to gain extra benefits!
These benefits include:
- Greater continuity of care with your registered practice
- longer MBS-funded telephone consultations, from 1st November 2023
- longer bulk billed telehealth consultations for children under 16 and commonwealth concession card holders at the new triple bulk billing rate, from 1st November 2023
- Helping to improve your health outcomes
Maddington Village General Practice (as a registered Medicare practice) will have access to more information about our regular patients, making it easier to tailor services to meet your needs.
Am I eligible to register for MyMedicare?
If you have a valid Medicare card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Veteran card and have had two face-to-face consultations with us in the last 24 months, you are eligible for MyMedicare.
How do I register?
Patients can register for MyMedicare from 1 October 2023.
Registration is easy and can be completed in one of the following ways:
- Patients can commence the registration process in Medicare online services (Medicare Online Account or the Express Plus Medicare mobile application)
- Patients can fill out a registration form at our practice and sign the form to provide consent. Simply ask your doctor at your next appointment!
Patients who register with a DVA Veteran Card will need to fill out a registration form at our practice as registration via Medicare online services can only be completed using a Medicare card.
A parent/guardian will need to register a child under 14 years and provide consent on their behalf.
Young people aged 14 to 17 years will be able to register and provide consent without a parent/guardian.
It is important to note that registration for a child under 14 years will need to be completed at the practice.
For more information on MyMedicare visit http://www.health.gov.au/our-work/mymedicare